I got Editor's Choice at iUniverse.
Bully for me. A vanity press thinks my book is better than most of the crap they get over the transom. One guy commented on a post a while ago that self-publishing marks your work as garbage. Maybe he's right...
Or..... maybe he can kiss my ass.
- since iUniverse publishes anything for money, many of those books are crap
- but some of them sell very well
- and are picked up by traditional publishers
- and even films (Legally Blonde)
- so some of them are pretty good
- and Jane of the Jungle is one of the best among the good.
So, is it a kudo, or not? Should I feel honored, or just thanked for the money I paid them? What would Jane of the Jungle do?
- She would take the honor and blow it up to utter bullshit proportions.
- She would tell f*cking EVERYONE.
- Don't wanna listen? Too bad.
- She would walk around with the confidence of someone who really DOES shit rose petals.
- If some guy snickered she would shoot him.
- She would bully agents with the news.
- She would have a celebratory drink.
- She would enter the book in contests.
- And have another drink.
Here's hoping they can get it printed by April 15, which is the deadline for the Writer's Digest Self-Published Book Contest. It will be close. But it would be terrific to win something, anything. I got a bunch of attention for a book excerpt that won Honorable Mention in a Writer's Digest contest, and an agent actually called me. Maybe I could get a small miracle here.
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." All too often in my life, that first step has been backwards off a ladder, or sideways into a hole, or forward into a fresh dog turd....but... she takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. Here goes.