My day job sucks. Let me count the ways:
- Phone call to parent. Parent says @!%##!
- Phone call from parent. Parent says (*&!!%!
- Phone call from kid. Kid says !!**&!!
- Phone call to JPO. JPO says you gotta work with this !@$$!! family.
- Phone call to priest. Leave a message. Help me! !@#!!
- Phone call from priest. Go to h@!$!!
Sometimes you just can't win. If you have a day job, you have to do this, do that, and then do everything else. And in my particular day job, you have to do it all while your clients are hating you, possibly plotting to kill you, definitely planning to steal the hubcaps off your car.
I argue with God continuously about being a writer. If I'm a writer, how come I have to spend my days in the belly of the monster?
God is curiously silent on the subject. Maybe I'll hear something by Easter.