I just read that a positive attitude slows aging. What a revelation!
Seriously, the piece said that genes are interactive, and even if you have good genes you have to have a good attitude. How to do this?
- · Ignore your bank account
- · If you have a bank account
- · Ignore your mortgage
- · You can’t pay it anyhow
- · Ignore heat and cold.
- · Wherever you live, you can’t afford to get the house to a comfortable temperature.
- · If you have a house.
Okay, let’s get real. Is it possible to have a positive attitude in this economy? You betcha! The answer:
Life 2.0. In Life 2.0, all obstacles are just challenges we have to meet, hurdles in a race we have decided to run. Yeehaw!
- · I’m broke. Answer: who isn’t?
- · I have nowhere to live. Answer: do you have a car? Friends? Kids?
- · I’m hungry. Answer: get out of that cat dish! Poor cat. Do you have friends? Kids? Can you steal? Can you read? Find the food pantry and soup kitchen in the phone book?
- · I’m bored. Answer: go to Wall Street. I hear they’re having a helluva party.
- · I feel like a failure. Answer: dig yourself. You’re just trendy.