- work an extra job to afford birth control
- be sluts when we get it
- decide we can't afford it
- quit having sex
- and who would the guys sleep with then????
- maybe we shouldn't answer that one
When I was a kid, I was a tomboy. I wanted my mother to call me Bobby, and she did, so that I would go the f*ck to sleep.
When I was a teenager I was torn between wanting to be pretty and wanting to beat the shit out of something.
As a young woman, I wanted man-skills as much as I wanted a man. I finally got married, but not until I learned how to do tune-ups on my own car and build a picnic table. Who knew if you could count on him?
As an old woman I am grateful for:
- the vote (Oh Lord, don't let them take it back!)
- being too old to get pregnant
- ending my career before my pay goes down even more
- not giving a damn what the world thinks of me.
In the current climate, I fear for women's equality. Barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen would be a possibility, except that since 99% of men can no longer be the sole support of a family, I suspect it will be barefoot, pregnant, and in the alley. Sigh.