I don't usually crow, but....
Foreword just emailed me a bunch of info on how great it is to be a finalist in their Book of the Year Awards. And you know what? It is. Check it out: https://botya.forewordreviews.com/books/jane-of-the-jungle/
My book may not be selling like hotcakes, but here's the deal: it's a good book. Every single reviewer I've asked for a review on Amazon has given it 4 or 5 stars. And I just found out from Publishers Weekly that my book was not only listed in the January issue of PW Select, it was selected for review.
So why ain't I rich? :)
- good and successful are not the same. Modigliani starved to death.
- you gotta have luck. Luck and I are barely on speaking terms.
- you gotta have money. They say it takes money to make money, and they're not kidding. It takes all my spare change just to enter contests. But the big time - huge ads in major rags, TV appearances - these take money.
- I am not personally acquainted with Oprah Winfrey.
- How can I get acquainted with Oprah Winfrey?
Well, it's a nice start. My book may be a well kept little secret, but it's good. So...bully for me.